Barcode Labels and Tape Initialization (Formatting) for LTO-7 Type M - M8 Tape Media (only for use in LTO 8 Tape Drives
If you need LTO7 Type M (M8) barcode labels only, please use our Product ID BCODE-LTO
LTO Type M - M8 Barcode labels are designed to be used with new, unused LTO 7 Ultrium Tapes in an LTO 8 tape drive. Unfortunately, we can only Initialize IBM LTO 7 Tapes.
The LTO Program has introduced a new capability for LTO-8 drives: The ability of an LTO-8 drive to write and read 9 TB (or up to 22.5TB compressed @ 2.5:1) on a brand new LTO-7 tape cartridge instead of the 6 TB specified by the LTO-7 format. This LTO 7 tape is known as LTO-7 Type M media and it has a barcode label with a M8 Media Identifier. Type M cartridges can only be initialized in libraries or autoloaders. Although standalone LTO-8 drives cannot initialize Type M cartridges, they can read and write LTO-7 Type M cartridges that have been initialized in a library or autoloader.
We create custom LTO Type M/M8 barcode labels (P/N BCODE-LTO-M8) to manufacturers specifications using your sequence numbers and color combinations.
We Do Not Sell Labels Only! Label Quantity Must Match Tape Quantity!
We offer Barcode Labels as a service to our customers.
All barcode label orders must be associated with matching tape cartridge orders.
How it works
- On your initial order we will email you and request information about your autoloader or library and the style and sequence you.need.
- Once we have processed your labels, we will email you a digital proof of your labels to confirm your information.
- Once you approve your proof we print your labels, and, if you want, apply them to your tape order and ship your order.
Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for labels to be completed. In many cases, we can even ship on the same day the order is placed!. We email proofs for your approval before printing and shipping the final product.
Features and Benefits
- Custom sequencing and colors
- High quality label stock
- Vertical or Horizontal Layout
- Color Coded or Black and White
- Any quantity (must match tape order)
- Free label application service
- ANSI/ISO standard barcode labels for LTO Ultrium 7 Tapes
- Our LTO barcode labels have been carefully engineered and tested to provide your customers with a rock solid, high performance label solution.
- Our LTO barcode labels are approved by drive manufacturers and tested for strength, tear resistance, readability, reflectivity, abrasion resistance and adhesion strength.
- Our LTO barcode labels have undergone environmental chamber testing including aging, humidity & temperature.
Customized to Your Specifications
- Our knowledgeable staff can assist you in designing your labels and provide direction on which label your customers will need.
- We can accomidate ANY special requests you may have. Custom color palettes, font size and bar code orientation are no problem.
The Images Shown are Examples Only