Quantum LTO Ultrium 7 Tapes MR-L7MQN-01
Quantum LTO 7 Tape media cartridges are manufactured to the highest industry standards for quality and reliability, ensuring low error rates, high performance and long-term durability. Quantum LTO 7 media allows you to archive your data with confidence.
Features and Benefits
- High Storage Capacity of 6TB and up to 15 TB compressed capacity.
- Supports transfer speeds of 300 MB/s (native), 750 MB/s (2.5:1) with Generation 7
- Barium Ferrite (BaFe) technology
- Support for tape drive hardware encryption
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty from Quantum
All prior LTO generations have supported 2-generation back read support, why won't LTO-8 drives?
- After seven generations, and 17 years of shipments, LTO needed a technology transition to support the higher storage densities and performatnce demanded by today's data storage needs. This transition includes both the media technology and the read/write tape head technology of the drives. The cost to support 2-generation read capability, and the new LTO-9 capacity and performance made this support infeasible.
|Format||LTO Ultrium 7 Tape Media|
|Quantum Part No.||MR-L7MQN-01|
|Native Capacity||6 TB|
|Compressed||Up to 15 TB (assuming 2.5:1 Compression)|
|Data Rate||300 MB/s / Up to 750 MB/s Compressed|
|Tape Technology||Barium Ferrite (BaFe)|
|Archival Life||30 Years|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty by Quantum|