OWC Mercury Pro LTO 8 Tape Storage Drive with 16TB SSD and ArGest Backup Backup Software
LTO-8 Thunderbolt Tape Storage/Archiving solution
Features and Benefits
- Store more: up to 12TB native, up to 30TB1 compressed storage capacity per LTO Ultrium 8 tape cartridge
- Flexible: built-in IBM-LTO 8 tape drive reads and writes LTO 8 and LTO 7 tapes
- Store longer: 30+ years LTO tape longevity
- Instant ROI: Lowest cost storage format; as low as $0.02/GB and up to 50x less costly than online storage
- LTFS compatible: archive files/folders with drag and drop ease
- Simple interface: mount, format, and backup to an LTO tape and hard drive simultaneously via included OWC ArGest Backup software
- Compliance ready: supports WORM cartridges required by legal/regulatory record keeping
- Fast tape creation: up to 300MB/s native, up to 750MB/s1 compressed transfer rates
- Expansive: second Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port for adding up to five additional Thunderbolt devices3 or your choice of a USB-C or DisplayPort device2
- See more: DisplayPort 1.4 for connecting up to an 8K display3
- Charge while working: 85W of notebook charging3
- Transportable: Compact form factor with built in handles for moving between set and studio
- Complete: Includes LTO-8 12TB data tape, cleaning tape, and Thunderbolt cable
- 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty
PROTECTING AND PRESERVING HUGE VOLUMES OF DATA
The OWC Mercury Pro LTO is a Thunderbolt 3 LTO Ultrium 8 tape archiving solution for movie and entertainment pros, corporations, government branches, and small businesses seeking to preserve critical data for the highest longevity and lowest cost available. Tapes are accessed like an HDD or SSD, files appear in folders, and moving/retrieving files is drag and drop easy.
Movie and entertainment professionals, corporations, government branches, and small businesses are all facing the similar chalenges: how to manage an ever-increasing amount of complex data. Higher resolution, complex audio, and diverse formats are the project norm. Organizational content is projected to grow 50-70% annually as more data is digitalized and licensing, regulatory, and compliance requirements are becoming more stringent.
The answer is the OWC Mercury Pro LTO. This easily integrated tape backup/archiving solution is a mission-critical requirement for protecting and preserving huge volumes of data for longer periods with familiar drag-and-drop operation and better economies of scale than disk-based storage. Ruggedly, small, and with a built-in handle, the Mercury Pro LTO is able to go on-set or move among studio, department or office computers for a shared data protection solution.
ARCHIVING MADE EASY WITH DRAG AND DROP
The answer to this challenge is the OWC Mercury Pro LTO. This integrated tape backup/archiving solution is a mission-critical requirement for protecting and preserving huge volumes of data for longer periods with familiar drag-and-drop operation and better economies of scale than disk-based storage. Ruggedly small with a built-in handle, the Mercury Pro LTO is able to go on-set or move among studio, department or office computers for a shared data protection solution.
AVAILABLE WITH ARGEST BACKUP SOFTWARE
OWC’s ArGest Backup makes it easy and efficent to manage LTO-based backups and archival with Drag and Drop ease of use and Enterprise-class reliability. Supporting both the ultra-reliable BRU archival format as well as the LTFS bulk data transport format, ArGest Backup provides the best solution for both long-term backup and archival as well as the LTFS data transfer format.
ALREADY HAVE YOUR FAVORITE ARCHIVING SOFTWARE?
Mercury Pro LTO works with other industry leading archiving and management software including: Pomfort Silverstack XT, Hedge Canister, YoYotta LTFS, XenData6 Workstation, Archiware P5, and more.
What's in the Box
- OWC Mercury Pro LTO LTO-8 Thunderbolt Tape Drive
- OWC ArGest Backup Desktop Software
- LTO-8 Tape (12TB native, 30TB compressed capacity)
- LTO Cleaning Tape
- Thunderbolt 3 Cable
- Power Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty
Download the OWC Mercury Pro LTO Data Sheet
1. 30TB / 750MB/s with 2.5:1 data compression.
2. Full DisplayPort 1.4 capabilities depends on host computer support of DisplayPort 1.4 specification through its Thunderbolt 3 connection, host computer GPU capabilities, and connecting cable capabilities.
3. Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt compatibility requires a certified Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 (mDP) adapter and a Thunderbolt 2 cable. This configuration provides data transfer at Thunderbolt 2 speeds (up to 20Gb/s) but does not support notebook charging.
|Model:||Mercury Pro LTO with 16TB SSD ArGest Backup software|
|Product Type:||Thunderbolt LTO-8 Archiving Solution|
(2) Thunderbolt 3 ports — power delivery up to 85W
(1) Gigabit Ethernet (maintenance port)
(1) DisplayPort 1.4
(1) 12Gb Mini-SAS port
(1) 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch SATA/SAS
- macOS 10.14.6 or later
- Windows 10 or later; Server 2016 or later
- Linux with Thunderbolt System Support
- OWC ArGest Backup for Mac, Linux and Windows
Internal, UL-listed, universal auto-switching
AC input: 100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz
DC output: 12V 16.7A
Total Wattage: 200W
|Warranty||3 Year Limited Warranty from OWC|
- 6.1 in (W) x 9.1 in (H) x 11.5 in (D)
- 15.5 cm (W) x 23.2 cm (H) x 29.3 cm (D)
|Enclosure Weight with Drives||12.2 lb (5.5 kg)|
- 9.0 in (W) x 12.5 in (H) x 16.5 in (D)
- 22.9 cm (W) x 31.8 cm (H) x 41.9 cm (D)
|Box Weight||16.3 lbs. (7.4kg)|