HPE StoreEver LTO-9 Ultrium 45000 External Desktop Tape Drive (BC042A)
HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium 9 Tape Drives offer a remarkable storage capacity of up to 45 TB when compressed (18 TB uncompressed), utilizing a single LTO 9 tape cartridge. With the integration of HPE StoreOpen software and LTFS, users can conveniently store data in an open format, enabling the tape to be self-describing and file-based (similar to a USB Drive).
These tape drives ensure optimal performance, allowing customers to meet even the most stringent backup windows without compromising quality. Additionally, they provide a top-tier level of security through encryption, safeguarding backup data privacy and protecting confidential information effectively. This feature also facilitates compliance requirements, ensuring swift and efficient adherence.
Features and Benefits
- HPE StoreEver LTO-9 Ultrium 45000 Tape Drives are now available, capable of storing up to 18TB native and up to 45TB (compressed 2.5:1) per cartridge.
- Drive connection is 12GB/s SAS capable of data transfer rates up to 300 MB/s native, the data rate matching further helps optimize performance by matching host system speed to keep drives streaming, thus enabling a faster tape performance. SAS card for computer/server not included.
- HPE StoreOpen software and LTFS allows customers to store data in an openformat making the tape self-describing and file-based.
- Provides one of the highest level of security with encryption for strong backup data privacy to secure confidential information and address compliance quickly and with fewer cartridges.
- LTO-9 drives can read and write to LTO-9 and LTO-8 media only
- Enables even the tightest backup window to be met with higher quality performance.
- HPE Warranty: 3-year parts, no labor, no onsite support coverage
- Financing available through HPE Financial Services - Contact Us for more information.
SAS models are qualified on Hewlett Packard Enterprise and non-Hewlett Packard Enterprise servers, including popular platforms from vendors such as Dell, IBM®, and Sun.
Extensive list of supported backup and archiving software applications from Micro Focus, CA, VERITAS, Dell EMC, IBM, and many more.
The LTO generation 9 specifications introduce a range of advanced features, prioritizing data security and accessibility. These include robust multi-layer security support with hardware-based encryption, ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of stored information. The addition of immutable WORM functionality enables write-once, read-many operations, guaranteeing the immutability of critical data.
The Linear Tape File System (LTFS) further enhances the user experience by enabling fast and efficient data access. With LTFS, users can easily manage and organize their data within the tape storage system. Furthermore, LTO-9 maintains full backward compatibility with LTO generation 8 cartridges, ensuring seamless integration and data transfer between LTO 8 and LTO 8 systems.
Complete Solution Straight out of the Box
HPE StoreEver LTO Ultrium Tape Drives provides Hewlett Packard Enterprise LTO media, cables, and user guides.
For companies with stringent, long-term data retention requirements, or legal requrements, WORM data protection capability offers a simple and secure method for archiving records allowing customers to affordably meet the toughest industry compliance regulations.
|Manufacturer||HPE - Hewlett Packard Enterprise|
|Format||LTO-9 Ultrium External Tape Drive|
|Storage Capacity||18 TB native and up to 45 TB compressed storage capacity per LTO9 tape cartridge|
|Data Transfer Rate||300MB/s native|
|Worm (Write Once Read Many) Compatible||Yes|
|Host Interface||12Gb/s SAS (SAS card not included)|
|Encryption Type||AES 256-bit|
|Form Factor||5.25-inch half-height|
|Dimensions||3 in. x 8.8" x 11.7 in|
|Warranty||3-year parts, no labor, no onsite support coverage.|