HPE LTO 6 Tapes with with BaFe (Barium Ferrite) Data Cartridge - C7976B
HPE (formerly Hewlet Packard) LTO-6 Ultrium Tape with BaFe (Barium Ferrite) can write or read data at a blistering 1.4 TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 3 TB (up to 6.25 TB compressed) on a single cartridge. A 70% increase in the number of tracks has increase the bit density, allowing more data to be recorded in the same amount of tape: from 1,280 tracks for LTO-5 to 2,176 tracks for 6th generation HP LTO-6 Tape 6.25 TB cartridges. LTO Ultrium tape cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
Features and Benefits
- Capacity of 3 Tb and up to 6.25 TB compressed capacity on HP StoreEver and non-HP LTO-6 devices.
- Supports transfer speeds of 160 MB/s (native), 400 MB/s (2.5:1) with Generation 6
- BaFe (Barium Ferrite) Technology
- Compatible with Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing (a key weakness of DLT media). Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear.
Prices valid for US End Users Only
|Manufacturer||HP - Hewlett Packard|
|Format||LTO Ultrium 6 Tape Media|
|HP Part No.||C7976B|
|Native Capacity||2.5 TB|
|Compressed||Up to 6.25 3 TB (assuming 2.5:1 Compression)|
|Data Rate||160 MB/s / Up to 400 MB/s Compressed|
|Tape Technology||BaFe (Barium Ferrite)|
|Tape Length||846 meters|
|Archival Life||30 Years|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty by HP|
No Barcode Label
LTO Ultrium 6 Tape