IBM 3592 JB Tape Data Cartridge Extended (23R9830), TotalStorage Enterprise Tape Cartridge
IBM 3592 JB Tape Cartridges are designed to work IBM 3592 TS1120 (Model E05), TS1130 (Model E06/EU6) and TS1140 (Model E07) drives.
Features and Benefits
- Native Capacity
- TS1140 (Model E07) : 1600 GB (1490.12 GiB) E07 format / 1000 GB (931.32 GiB) E06 format / 700 GB ( 651.93 GiB) E05 format
- TS1130 (Model E06/EU6) : 1000 GB (931.32 GiB)
- TS1120 (Model E05): 700 GB (651.93 GiB)
- Cartridge Memory, built into every data cartridge, is designed to help enhance functionality and media reliability by storing access history and media performance information for use by the tape drive every time the cartridge is accessed.
- Initialization and prelabeling are available at additional cost. With the ability to specify a starting volume serial and color-coding to save time and labor when adding new cartridges into your existing inventory.
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty from IBM, free from manufacturing and materials defects for the lifetime of the product, typically 10 years.
The IBM 3592 JB Tape Data Cartridge is an Enterprise Extended-Length Tape Cartridge (ETCL)
Use of JB tape cartridges is supported only with TS1140 Tape Drives, TS1130 Tape Drives and TS1120 Tape Drives operating in native capacity mode.
When used with TS1140 Tape Drives, JB media that contains data that is written in native E05 mode is only supported for READ-ONLY operations. Once this data is reclaimed or written in E06 or E07 format, it is supported for READ-WRITE operations.
TS1120 Tape Drives operate in native E05 mode or in 3592 J1A emulation mode. However, all 3592 Tape Drives associated with the TS7700 must be TS1120 Tape Drives in order for 3592 E05 Tape Drives to operate in native E05 mode. To use 3592 E05 Tape Drives in native E05 mode, the drives must be set to E05 native mode. If you intend to use TS1120 Tape Drives in native E05 Mode, the minimum microcode levels are 8.0.1.xx for the TS7700 and 534.2x for the Library Manager. Ask your next level of support to receive the most current levels of TS7700 and Library Manager code.
TS1140 E07: 1,600 GB / E06: 1,000 GB / E05: 700 GB
TS1130 E06: 1,000 GB / E05: 700 GB
TS1120 E05: 700 GB
|Open System capacity (2:1 compression):||1.4 TB|
|System z capacity (3:1 compression):||2.1 TB|
|Long-length durability||300 full file passes|
|Short-length durability||40,000 cycles at ambient|
|Load/unload||20,000 load, unload, and initialization cycles|
|Estimated archive life||Up to 30 years|
|Dimensions||24.5 mm H x 109 mm W x 125 mm D (0.97 in x 4.3 in x 4.9 in)|
|Weight||239 g (8.4 oz)|
|Tape length||2706 Ft nominal (825m)|
|Temperature||16° to 32° C (60° to 90° F)|
|Relative humidity||20% to 80%|
|Wet bulb maximum||23° C (73.4° F)|
|Toxicity||Non-hazardous to human health in anticipated use|
|Flammability||Self-extinguishing per UL94|