The 48TB G-RAID Shuttle 8 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID Array (8 x 6TB) is a portable 8-bay hardware RAID solution with 2-Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps)/USB-C (10Gbps) interfaces offering content professionals expandibility up to 144TB1 of massive capacity and high-powered performance for consolidated backup, super-fast access, and real-time video editing. Supports multi-stream 4K, 8K, and VR workflows, RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 or JBOD, and provides transfer rates up to 1900MB/s read and 12000MB/s write2. Along with Ultrastar enterprise-class hard drives inside for enhanced reliability and a trusted 5-year limited warranty, the G-RAID SHUTTLE 8 is the ultimate storage solution for demanding video workflows on location and in the studio.
Features and Benefits
- Colossal capacity in transportable design - 4TB with expansion up to 144TB1 of high-powered RAID storage in an easy-to-transport design
- Enterprise Class Drives - Eight (8) Removable, Ultrastar 7200RPM Hard Drives.
- Blazing Fast Transfer Rates - Transfer rates up to 1900MB/s2 read and 20000MB/s write speeds
- Built-in Hardware RAID - the G-RAID Shuttle 4 device comes in RAID 5 out of the box and supports RAID 0, 1, 6, 10, 50, 60 or JBOD.
- Transportable Design - Built for easy travel between your on-site production location and to the studio for post-production.
- Daisy-chaining for up to 5 Additional Devices - With dual Thunderbolt 3 ports, you can conveniently daisy chain up to 5 additional devices
- Optimized Support For Multi-Stream Workflows - Built for multi-stream 4K and 8K production workflows
- USB Power Deliver - With support for up to 85 watts of USB Power Delivery through the USB-C™ port the G-RAID Shuttle 4 can charge your compatible MacBook, MacBook Pro or Windows laptop.
What is in the Box:
- 1- G-RAID SHUTTLE 8 Storage System
- (8) 6TB Removable disk modules
- (1) Thunderbolt™ 3 cable (40 Gbps)
- Power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- 5-Year limited warranty
- As used for storage capacity, 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less, depending on operating environment. For RAID products, storage capacity is based on RAID 0 mode.
- Based on read speed. As used for transfer rate, megabyte per second (MB/s) = one million bytes per second. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
- Compatible with Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt 1 connections, requires an optional adapter.
|Manufacturer||SanDisk Professional (formerly G-Technology)|
|Format||G-RAID Shuttle 8|
|Raw Capacity||48TB Non-RAID|
|Hard Drives||8 - Removable Ultrastar enterprise-class 7200 rpm hard drives|
|Number of Drive Bays||8|
|RAID Modes||0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60|
USB 3.2 Gen 2
|Sequental Read Performance||up to 1900MB/s|
|Sequental Write Performance||up to 2000MB/s|
|Dimensions||9.65" x 6.89" x 15.16"|
|Operating Systems||macOS 10.15+
Windows 10+ (via reformat)