Fargo DTC4250e ID Card Printer - Single-Side (052000)
From plastic loyalty and photo ID cards to more sophisticated access cards with embedded electronics, HID Global's professional-grade FARGO® DTC4250e card printer / encoder is able to produce large quantities of extremely durable credentials both quickly and easily. Ideal for small to mid-size businesses, schools, and local government agencies that require reliable printing, the DTC4250e features a flexible and modular design that can be easily adapted whenever your organization grows or your printing needs change.
The DTC4250e also features new security enhancements, such as the embedded iCLASS SE smart card encoder for encoding organizational or personnel data directly onto the card and AES-256 data decryption for protection of financial information. The DTC4250e can also be password protected so only approved operators can print and encode security cards and visitor badges.
Download Fargo DTC4250e Datasheet
With its small footprint, an optional, same-side input/output hopper and an optional Wi-Fi® accessory that allows you to print anytime and anywhere, the DTC4250e consumes minimal space and offers maximum flexibility. The printer is also fully compatible with Asure ID® Card Personalization Software for creating custom credentials and Color Assist software that can help you match spot colors, ensuring accurate reproduction of such complex graphics as company logos or employee photos.
Backed by a global three-year warranty, each of our seventh generation FARGO printers can be seamlessly integrated to work with other HID products, ensuring that you receive and retain the maximum value from the most trusted name in secure identity solutions.
- Highly versatile - Powerful printing in a modular, scalable design that simplifies equipment upgrades and migration to higher levels of security.
- End-to-End Control, Flexibility and Security - The optional iCLASS SE® encoder (part of the iCLASS SE open encoder platform) can be fully integrated into your printer, allowing you to create, encode (read/write) and manage your secure credentials from start-to-finish. Design personalized ID badges locally and then program them to work with your current physical access control system (PACS), streamlining your ordering, inventory management, and issuance processes.
- Easy-to-use - Efficient set-up, loading and printing with all-in-one print ribbon and card cleaning cartridge (EZ), and SmartScreen graphical display.
- Enhanced protection - Standard printer password protection and fluorescent panel printing provide a cost-effective and dynamic means of increasing card security.
- Earth friendly - ENERGY STAR® certified for efficient energy consumption and eco-friendly (ECO) refill ribbons.
- Three Year Warranty - Printer: three years. Printhead: three years, unlimited pass when using Fargo UltraCard Cards
What's in the Box
- Fargo DTC4250e Single-Side Card Printer
- USB PrinterCable
- Power Cords (US/International)
- CD with Drivers and User Guide
- Threee Year Warranty
The Fargo DTC4250e combines versatility with simplicity to easily print what you need including:
- A sleek design with changeable footprint to accommodate office environments where space is at a premium.
- SmartScreen graphical display with easy-to-follow prompts ensures you'll always know printer status.
- Eco-friendly erase and rewrite feature is ideal for creating temporary ID cards.
- FARGO Workbench diagnostic utility facilitates printer maintenance. Its Color Assist tool matches spot
colors, ensuring accurate prints of graphics such as company logos.
- Fully compatible with Asure ID® card personalization software for badge design, database management and technology card encoding, as well as EasyLobby® Secure Visitor Management solutions.
- Optional dual-sided printing module that enables you to add additional company or cardholder information and security features, such as duplicate photos and digital signature.
- Optional same-side, input/output card hopper and movable SmartScreen graphical display allows the printer to fit into tight spaces.
- Optional Dual-input card hopper holds 200 cards for higher capacity printing and encoding.
- Optional technology card encoders that allow you to easily migrate to contact and contactless smart card technologies (including but not limited to iCLASS SE® or MIFARE®) or simple mag stripe and prox cards as needed.
- Optional Wi-Fi accessory for Ethernet-enabled printers , allowing you to print anywhere, anytime.
|Model||Fargo DTC4250e Single-Side Card Printer|
|Print Method||Dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer|
|Resolution||300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone|
|Colors||Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel|
|Print Ribbon Options||Options include easy-to-use ribbon with disposable ribbon cartridge (EZ) and more economical and eco-friendly refill ribbon for cartridge (ECO). |
Both EZ and ECO:
Rewrite technology - no ribbon is required
|Print Speed**||6 seconds per card (K*); 8 seconds per card (KO*); 16 seconds per card (YMCKO*); 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK*)|
|Accepted Standard Card Sizes||CR-80 (3.375˝ L x 2.125˝ W / 85.6 mm L x 54 mm W); CR-79 adhesive back (3.313˝ L x 2.063˝ W / 84.1 mm L x 52.4 mm W)|
|Print Area||CR-80 edge-to-edge (3.36˝ L x 2.11˝ W / 85.3 mm L x 53.7 mm W); CR-79 (3.3˝ L x 2.04˝ W / 83.8 mm L x 51.8 mm W)|
|Accepted Card Thickness||Print only: .009˝ - .040˝ / 9 mil - 40 mil / .229 mm - 1.016 mm; print / lamination: .030˝ - .040˝ / 30 mil - 40 mil / .762 mm - 1.02 mm|
|Accepted Card Types||PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish; monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards; optical memory cards with PVC finish; rewrite|
|Input Hopper Card Capacity||Dual-input card hopper (200 cards)|
|Output Hopper Card Capacity||Up to 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)|
|Reject Hopper Card Capacity||Up to 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm) - same-side input / output card hopper or lamination module required|
|Card Cleaning||Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change|
|Memory||32 MB RAM|
|Software Drivers||Windows® XP / Windows Vista® (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2003 & 2008 / Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 (32 bit & 64 bit)/ |
MAC OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8 / Linux***
|Interface||USB 2.0 and Ethernet with internal print server|
|Operating Temperature||65° to 80° F / 18° to 27° C|
|Dimensions||Single-sided printer: 9.8˝ H x 18.1˝ W x 9.2˝ D / 249 mm H x 460 mm W x 234 mm D |
Dual-sided printer: 9.8˝ H x 18.7˝ W x 9.2˝ D / 249 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
Printer + lam: 18.9˝ H x 18.7˝ W x 9.2˝ D / 480 mm H x 475 mm W x 234 mm D
|Weight||Single-sided printer: 9lbs / 4.1 Kg; dual-sided printer: 11lbs / 5 Kg; printer + lam: 20 lbs / 9.1 Kg|
|Agency Listings||Safety: UL 60950-2, CSA C22.2 (60950-07), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KC|
|Environmental Features||All configurations without a lamination module are ENERGY STAR® qualified printers|
|Supply Voltage||100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 Amps max|
|Supply Frequency||50 Hz / 60 Hz|
|Warranty||Printer three years; printhead three years, unlimited pass with UltraCard®|
|Encoding Options||Supported smart card and magnetic stripe technologies: |
125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; contact smart card encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO magnetic stripe encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, tracks 1, 2 and 3
|Optional Supported Access Control Credential Programming||iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, HID Prox|
|Options||Single wire ethernet and USB 2.0 interface for inline printing and encoding (note: single wire Ethernet encoding is only available for iCLASS®, MIFARE®, and contact smart card encoding) |
Dual-sided printing module
Same-side input/output card hopper
Smart card encoding modules (contact/contactless);
Magnetic stripe encoding module
Printer cleaning kit
Secure proprietary consumables system
|Software||Swift ID embedded badging application, FARGO Workbench diagnostic utility with Color Assist spot-color matching|
|Display||User friendly, SmartScreen graphical display|
|Printer Security||Printer access password protected|
* Indicates the ribbon type and the number of ribbon panels printed where Y=yellow, M=magenta, C=cyan, K=resin black, O=overlay, B=dye sublimation black.
** Print speed indicates an approximate print speed and is measured from the time a card drops into the output hopper to the time the next card drops into the output hopper. Print speeds do not include encoding time or the time needed for the PC to process the image. Process time is dependent on the size of the file, the CPU, amount of RAM and the amount of available resources at the time of the print.
***Linux versions: Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 7.0, Fedora 18, Mandriva 2011, Red Hat 6.4, Open Suse 12.3