Quantum 1U Rackmount Kit including 1-LTO-8 Half-Height Tape Drive (optional second drive)
Quantum’s LTO 8 tape drives deliver a simple, affordable, data protection solution that customers can depend on. Many companies can store all their data on a single cartridge, thanks to the tremendous capacity LTO technology provides. In addition, companies can keep this data secure using AES 256-bit encryption as tapes are transported off-site for disaster recovery or long-term archiving. Quantum’s LTO tape drives are WORM capable, allowing companies from healthcare, financial, and other related industries to meet tough regulatory requirements. LTO technology offers backward read and write capability, providing an archive tape recovery solution with newer-generation drives.
LTO 8 tapes can store 12TB native, up to 30TB compressed and up to 240 TB using DataStor Shield backup software with deduplication. (Assumes 2.5:1 compression for LTO-8; 20:1 deduplication for DATASTOR Shield.)
Included in the Box
- Quantum rackmountable (1U) kit with one LTO-8 Tape Drive (second drive option)
- DataStor Shield backup software with deduplication
- 1-LTO 8 Data cartridge
- 1 LTO Universal Cleaning Cartridge
- Mounting kit
- One SFF8088 to SFF8088 mini-SAS 5m cable
- Worldwide power cords
This drive uses SFF8088 mini-SAS connector and AC power cord to connect and power the drive. You can order a second drive - P/N TC-L82GN-BR to add a another LTO drive to this 1U rackmountable unit.
LTO 8 Tape Drives can Read/Wrte to LTO Ultrium 8 Tapes, LTO Ultrium 7 Tapes and LTO Ultrium 7 Tapes formatted as Type M.
DATASTOR Shield Single-Server Backup Software
- Deduplication Rate: 20:1 (typical)
- Software Compatibility: Windows Only
- Backup Methods: Disk-to-disk-to-tape, disk-to-tape, archive-to-tape in native format
- Upgradeable: Yes to multiple servers, SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, Bare Metal, Cloud, and other functionality